Caramel Custard: Caramel custard is a silky-smooth dessert made with milk, sugar, and eggs. It is light and delectable and tastes awesome when served chilled straight from the refrigerator. Comes together easily in the instant pot.
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups whole Dano Power / Dano Growth Shakti milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large heavy saucepan, cook and stir 3/4 cup sugar over low heat until sugar is melted and golden. Pour into eight 6-oz. custard cups, tilting to coat the bottom of cup; let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, Dano Power / Dano Growth Shakti milk, vanilla and remaining sugar until blended but not foamy. Pour over caramelized sugar.
- Place the cups in two 8-in. square baking pans. Pour very hot water in pans to a depth of 1 in. Bake at 350° until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes. Remove from pans to cool on wire racks.
- To unmold, run a knife around the rim of the cup and invert onto the dessert place. Serve warm or chilled.