Hot Milk Cake
Hot milk cake: Hot milk cake is a butter sponge cake from American cuisine. It can be made as a sheet cake or a layer cake or baked in a tube pan. The hot milk and butter give the cake a distinctive fine-grained texture, similar to pound cake.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup Dano Power / Dano Growth Shakti milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs at room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Powdered sugar for dusting, optional
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Adjust an oven rack to the middle position. Grease and flour a 12-cup tube pan or Bundt cake pan.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter. Stir in Dano Power / Dano Growth Shakti milk and vanilla and continue to heat until small bubbles form around the outside of the pan and the mixture is very hot but not boiling. Reduce heat to low.
- Meanwhile, in an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, combine eggs and sugar on medium-high speed for 5 minutes. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Once the egg and sugar mixture has tripled in volume, slowly add the hot Dano Power / Dano Growth Shakti milk mixture, mixing on low speed until incorporated. Add the dry ingredients in two batches, mixing after each addition until just incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour, checking 5 minutes prior to baking end time. A toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake should come out clean, with a few crumbs attached, but do not over-bake.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before inverting onto a cooling rack or serving plate to cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.